Packaging is used a method to secure the item itself mainly but is so much more; it's a sales panel on which to promote the advantages and features of the item, it’s a place to display the product identification of the item, and the item packaging design can also give rise to the overall item encounter. Desain Kemasan.
Good packaging design is really important, because we are a country of reaction buyers. Here are our Top Tips for standing out from the crowd.
1. Connect the items key benefits as quickly as possible. This could be price, innovation/new item, performance and so on.
2. Does the item packaging need to 'work' as aspect of the item experience? An example of this is milk cartons, they need to be easy to hold, and to use without spilling.
They aren't the same as say the item packaging around a elegant detergent bar. The item packaging on a detergent bar offers the item, but then it's unwrapped and no longer becomes an aspect of the continuous item encounter.
With milk products packaging example, the packaging remains an aspect of the item encounter until the item finishes its life-cycle.
3. Make sure all written text is understandable. Think about your focus and audience when determining how big or small the writing should be (obviously space factors for vital information will always impact this).
For example, over 50s may appreciate larger written text on their item packaging.
4. Over the past few decades there has been a lot of focus on ecological problems, and the part of packaging in this - you may gain an aggressive advantage with eco-friendly packaging. 66% of customers say that they feel items are over-packed, and think that all item packaging is bad for the surroundings.
If your item packaging is eco-friendly, it will pay to promote the fact.
5. Due to the short attention period of the average person and the continuous change to colors and styles, it's suggested that your item packaging style be modified roughly every two decades. Consumers normally favor more recent items - even if you have an old item and devoted client platform, allow it to be look fresh and new.
6. Perspective item packaging and the style of the item packaging brands as an investment. Top quality item packaging can make your item appear to be 'worth' it's cost and add to it's recognized value. Be cautious not to over guarantee though with your item packaging - this is known as 'over packaging'. Don't put too much lip stick on a pig
7. Analyise your opponents, because your item may be seated side by side on a display with theirs and you want for making sure it sticks out and doesn't get lost in the disturbance of the other item packaging.
8. It can be useful with many items to make sure the item itself is noticeable. This can either be through the use of plastic see through windows within the item packaging to see the item inside, or if this isn't realistic a suitable picture of the item can be an aspect of the packaging style.
9. Take care when considering the use of superstar recommendations on your appearance, it's been shown that these can have little to no effect on revenue.
10. Lastly, it can be a major advantage to work with a professional design agency when creating your packaging design. RedChilli have worked with a range of clients to create striking packaging designs that stand out on the shelf. You can use the links below to view our portfolio, and give us a call on 01024 467 866 to discuss your requirements.