How do you know if it’s time to redesign your website? If you visit your website and it looks like you and your computer have been sucked back in time to 1995, that’s a good indication. If the visual design doesn’t bother you, here are some other signs that will let you know it’s time for a redesign:
1. It’s not mobile friendly. This is one of the biggest problems with aged websites – they do not work on mobile devices. With more than half of your traffic now coming from smartphones and tablets, it’s imperative that you have a website that functions just as well on mobile devices as it does on desktops.
2. It uses Flash. Flash was cutting edge when it first came out, but it’s now the grandfather of formats, especially when you consider what other formats you could make use of. It’s not good for search engines, it’s terrible for users (since most browsers shun it), and it could be driving visitors away from your site. If any feature of your site uses Flash, it’s time to update.
3. You have a high bounce rate. A high bounce rate usually means that your visitors either aren’t even waiting for your website to load (which means it takes too long to load), or they are not welcomed by your site’s current design. Whatever the reason, if you have a high bounce rate, a redesign is definitely in order.
4. You are not ranking well on search engines. If the last time you tweaked your SEO was before Justin Bieber became a thing, it is definitely time for a redesign. What worked five years ago (or even two years ago), just isn’t working anymore—that goes for content and for design features.
5. You’ve changed your business. One of the best indicators that it is time to redesign a website is that your business has changed. Whether you’ve changed your name, changed what you offer, changed your message, or just changed the colors you want to use for your brand, your website will need to be changed, too.
In reality, the best time to redesign your website is when you visit your website and all you can think about are all the changes you want to make or how slowly it loads. Don’t let your website become an eyesore!
When the time comes for a redesign, give us a call on Bolton 01204 467 866 and see how we can improve your website’s image.