Designing a website for SEO
Whenever we update a website, we enable the spiders of the search engines to crawl it. Since in a blog, there are regular updates of new information, the search engines crawl the web page and index them in their listings. Quality information helps in alluring the audience to use the web page. This also improves the page rank.
A digital marketing agency would suggest keeping the blog distinguished from all other web blogs. First impression matters the most. This article describes some elements that can be implemented in the designing of a blog website. This ensures that the readers enjoy the content, and that the search engines can index the website. The following are some of the essential characteristics.
1) Readability statistics. The term readability can be defined as the value of the written language that would make it easy to understand and read. When designing a blog, it is important to ensure that both the background and the foreground images are in contrast to the text. Each paragraph should have sufficient line spacing that makes it easier to read. The font size should range from 12 to 14 pixels that would also be comfortably visible.
2) The focus should be on the content. The viewers should not be too distracted with the blog's design. The content should be designed to engage users, which can be achieved with the appropriate heading and layouts.
3) The web blog should be designed to entice the users. The navigation should be seamless and have a structured outlook. The sidebar can provide a synopsis of recent posts and popular blogs. The related content should be easily accessible. A search feature integrated in the website would facilitate in finding the relevant content much easier.
4) Integrating a comment section would give an opportunity for the readers to provide their valuable insights. The detailed conversations and debates could be lucrative and initiate the visitors to share their views.
5) Incorporating social networking websites helps the viewer share the content with their networks. This increases the popularity of the post and ensures that people are more aware about the blog.
6) Inclusion of a memorable header would ascertain that the reader will notice the post. This also helps in creating a lasting impression, imprinting the brand to the memory of the viewer.
7) Ensure that web page design incites the readership by using effective visuals in the content. Figure captions make the blog attractive and meaningful. Using other graphical images and info graphics would render the otherwise boring blog interesting. These images would also help in developing as a brand.
8) The HTML markup of the blog should be designed and written to address the semantics in mind. This promotes improvement of search engine results.
9) Structural hierarchy. If the blog addresses a wide range of topics, it is important there exists clear organisation of the content, to enable an increase in viewership.
10) The blog should have an interesting headline and content. When writing blogs, the headings and sub headings used would draw the people to read the post. The content should be readable and contain the view of the writer. Other than this, including meta-information like the biography of the author, date of publication, other relevant posts, etc. would provide greater context to the post.
These are some of the traits that can be included when designing a web blog. A blog should be interesting, and be high in readability criterion. This would promote the blog and increase its viewership.
Having a blog on your website is just one way to support SEO. At RedChilli, we have a dedicated SEO expert who can help promote your website in the the search results. to find out more, call 01204 467 866
We have gained an outstanding reputation across graphic design, digital and web design for delivering strategic marketing, effective advertising and creative design work that achieves successful results for our clients, giving them a great return on their investment.
Red Chilli Design Ltd
353 Halliwell Road